Take a moment to breathe, to the top of an inhale, then all the way to the bottom of an exhale – and again.. Breathing oxygenates, energises and strengthens all the bodies systems and is the one system we can ‘hack’ into to help us manage our inner state, performance nerves or the affects of mental and physical illness. Breathing fully also gives us more space in ourselves to process our lives and our feelings.
Breathing better makes a lot of things better.
I teach simple practices distilled from years of work with breath toward different purposes – yoga, extended vocal work and singing, vocal acting, creative and therapeutic process. I aim to help you engage with, stretch, release – and gradually strengthen your breathing mechanism as a fundamental part of you. The benefits are immediate and can over time promote profound changes in mental and physical health.
There are exercises I can teach you designed to increase capacity beyond previous limitations or habits – or those that calm, centre and take us to the inner portal of embodied experience and a richer sense of self..
I respond to what is needed individually and aim to simplify this complex system into practical, experiential work, so you feel more connected to your breathing and able to continue building on the exercises and practices I teach you.
Did you know that:
- Nasal breathing is fundamental to human health and is our best defence against virus, bacteria and other pathogens.
- Habitual mouth breathing can lead to snoring, respiratory problems, cardiovascular disease and other major heath issues.
- The way we breathe impacts how we feel and how we inhabit our bodies – it affects the quality of our experience.
- Slow, deep breathing-practices help in managing and reducing, performance nerves, anxiety and stress-related disorders.
Contact me if you’re interested in improving your breathing in ways that will fit into and enhance your daily life. In sessions with me you will learn
- How your respiratory system works
- Exercises to release tensions that restrict your breathing
- Practices specific to your needs and focus in life
- Breath work as a meditative tool that integrates mind body and spirit
Looking to get started?
“Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?”